An opportunity has arisen within Support Our Paras for a Part Time Charity Administrator.
The successful applicant will work in a small team providing the administrative function to the The Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces Charity. The candidate will have proven experience in office administration and be a self-starter who is capable of working with limited supervision to provide support to a busy welfare charity. In addition, previous experience of working in the charitable sector would be beneficial.
The appointee should have excellent interpersonal and IT skills and be competent in all forms of communication. The successful candidate will provide support to both the Welfare and Fundraising teams, as well as providing clerical support to the Board of Trustees.
The role will be based in RHQ PARA, Merville Barracks, Colchester CO2 7UT between the hours of 0930 and 1430 Monday to Friday. The pay on offer will be £10 per hour (equating to £11,700 per annum). There will be a requirement to attend meetings in London and events locally when the need arises, therefore a current driving licence would be preferred. Accommodation, subsistence and travel will be provided.
This post will be reviewed for upgrade to a full-time post after 12 months.
- Making up case files – access Mosaic and print off Form A, produce checklist and supporting documentation, chasing and verifying service, add to SCRM, then pass to Head of Welfare.
- Liaising with caseworking organisations for missing info and progress reports.
- Using database (SCRM) and updating entries, including scanning docs to add to entries.
- Assist in learning process of new CRM system.
- Liaison with APC, ITC, PRA and Museum to confirm and accelerate verification process of an individual’s eligibility for PRAFC Welfare assistance.
- Day to day information management for the Welfare team.
- Regular shredding of GDPR-sensitive material, especially old case files.
- Maintain case audit trail and send case closure email or letter (dependent on case).
- Case follow-up phone calls after initial support.
- Support the Welfare Manager to implement the ‘Beacon Initiative’, including managing the training, DBS and induction of volunteers.
- Support the Career Transition Officer as necessary.
Administration: Fundraising & Comms
- Receive incoming donations, gifts and legacies; ensure the appropriate acknowledgment of donations and bequests by FCM, CEO or other personnel.
- Update fundraiser database when new fundraising page is set up and make contact with supporter to thank and offer guidance.
- Maintain online giving platforms, ensuring appropriate reports are passed to Finance team.
- Manage volunteers to carry out various functions within the charity, particularly keeping a record of and managing Authorised Collectors around the country.
- Manage fundraising stock (t-shirts, wristbands, collecting tins, buckets etc.).
- Support the Fundraising team with virtual events; recording results, packing/sending medals.
- Pick, pack and send charity t-shirts to fundraisers.
- Attend quarterly Board meetings to take minutes, then produce the Record of Decisions and Minutes for distribution. For meetings, book rooms and refreshments, arrange access, parking, transport etc. Coordinate remote attendance.
- Process regular Gift Aid returns with HMRC in conjunction with the Finance team.
- Provide additional in-person support at fundraising events.
- Admin of new Airborne Network (ABN) members.
- Liaise with the Finance Team on efficient receipt of funds and identification of source. Secure cash counting as required in conjunction with Finance. Maintain log of activities and track funds raised.
- Source photos and text from multiple regimental sources for annual retail calendar.
- Maintain and update library of visual resources (logos, publicity photos etc.).
- Admin support to production of Pegasus Magazine.
Please send a letter of application with a copy of your CV to the Head of Fundraising and Communications, Natalie Urbaniak at the address below by 30 September 2022.
SUPPORT OUR PARAS